THE AIM OF THE ASSOCIATION is to improve the quality of life and the health perception of patients through the following activities:
To raise awareness about ALK+ lung cancer:
- To fight the stigma that lung cancer is a disease of smokers among the general public
- To promote the best treatments for patients, even at an advanced stage among health professionals.
- With policy makers, such as the Belgian government (INAMI, AFMFS, etc.) to improve access to therapies/medicines.
- With relevant international organisations/associations, especially LUng Cancer Europe, ALK positive NL, DE, FR, UK and US (and other patient groups…) to build a strong network;
- Liaise with the pharmaceutical industry to make ALK+ lung cancer treatment a priority.
- Raising funds to promote these objectives, for projects that benefit Belgian patients